My tastes have matured over the years and truthfully, in the last 8-years we’ve all but eliminated fast food from our repertoire. My guilty pleasure forever remains McDonald’s French fries. Which as sad as it makes me, I only indulge about three times a year. Of course, in hindsight, it’s a shame I didn’t pay more attention to the foods I loved and enjoyed eating from a much younger age for all of the usual health reasons. That said, if I think about the things I enjoy eating more than others these would be the top 10. Raspberries are my clear cut #1 favorite food. After that, the list below is in no particular order…
1. raspberries. i don’t drink soda or coffee but i do eat a pint of raspberries every day for the last 10-years. i crave them.
2. peanut butter and raspberry jam on whole wheat. when i can’t think of what to eat or i’m running late or the family is out and about; there’s nothing like a pbj.
3. steamed dungeness crab with drawn butter. and advantage to growing up in the greater puget sound area-fresh seafood of all kinds. i love copper river salmon, pacific caught prawns, and scallops but my most favorite are Dungeness crabs. when i was little, my dad used to take me “crabbing” getting out on the water at dawn and dropping the crab pots, returning in the afternoon to sort through what needed to be thrown back and what we could take home.
4.soft scrambled eggs. brekkie is my most favorite meal and i could eat brekkie foods for dinner.
5. crisp bacon. enough said.
6. fran’s salted dark chocolate caramels.
7. pan seared scallops from blueacre seafood in seattle, wa.
8. grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. sorry i can’t reconcile one without the other 😉
9. chicken tikka masala from the sartaj balti house in covent garden, london. no trip to central london is complete until I’ve had high tea at the covent garden hotel and chicken tikka masala at the sartaj house
10. steel cut oatmeal with brown sugar. another brekkie food i can eat anytime of the day